My husband and I were determined to renovate our kitchen to bring it out of the 1970s and into the modern world. Goodbyeeee green speckled laminate!
Check out the ‘Before & After’ photos below.
Take note of the beautiful and updated railing my husband built to replace the old and not-to-code barrier. He’s pretty terrific.
What did this kitchen overhaul cost us?
- Granite – $2100
- Paint – $40 for paint and brushes
- Railing – $180 for all materials and special sizing tools
- Backsplash – $150 (includes the grout, adhesive, subway tiles and specialty tiles)
- Rustoleum Cabinet Kit – $80
- New kitchen hardware – $60 (available here on Amazon.com)
- Grand total = $2600
Overall, this is a pretty inexpensive renovation if you aren’t in need of new countertops. I’m extremely happy we took on this project and would definitely do it again, except I might just spend the money on new cabinets. Painting them sure does save money, but it’s takes FOREVER. And then some. And then some more.
Any questions? Ask away! 🙂